What is the FIMS Fellowship (FFIMS) programme?
Purpose of the FIMS Fellowship programme
The FIMS Fellowship (FFIMS) programme is designed to grant special status to individuals with outstanding professional qualifications who have made important contributions to the field of Sports Medicine.
Criteria for the selection of Fellows of FIMS (FFIMS)
The appointment as fellow of the International Federation of Sports Medicine (FIMS) recognizes those individuals who have:
- Achieved a distinguished level of expertise in Sports Medicine by virtue of their university qualifications, professional training, post-graduate training, participation in continuing education courses and related experiences
- Made an outstanding contribution to the field of Sports Medicine nationally and/or internationally
- Provided outstanding service to FIMS
- Earned the recognition of his/her peers as an expert and leader in Sports Medicine
- Respected the code of ethics of the medical profession and the principles of fair play in international sports
- The candidates for the title of FFIMS will be nominated by individual or National Sports Medicine Association members of FIMS.
- An application form is available for dowload (PDF-format or MS Word-format) but can also be obtained from the FIMS Headquarters (email@example.com). The form should be completed by the candidate and submitted to the FIMS Headquarters (firstname.lastname@example.org), addressed to the Secretary General. The form must be accompanied by a copy of the candidate’s curriculum vitae.
- The candidates for fellows will be evaluated by the Awards Committee of FIMS, as appointed by the President.
- The Awards Committee will make a final recommendation on the FFIMS nomination to the Executive Committee.
- The Executive Committee will be responsible for granting FFIMS status to qualified candidates.
- Fellows will receive a special certificate recognizing their status.