Collaborating Centres of Sports Medicine
The FIMS Collaborating Centres of Sports Medicine (FIMS-CCSM) will facilitate regional and national educational, developmental and research networks to promote best practice sport medicine principles for athlete care and active living on an international basis.
- To promote an international FIMS standard of Sports Medicine in clinical care and research through knowledge transfer and exchange.
- To develop and deliver accessible FIMS educational courses (Team Physician Course, Advanced Team Physician Course, Instructor Course, Rehabilitation, Emergency Courses and others) on a regular basis to sport medicine professionals.
- To promote a model that supports developing countries and early career professionals for advancement of sport medicine best practices through peer coaching of team physicians.
- To engage an international network of FIMS members in collaborative research efforts that promote evidence-based sport medicine.
- To promote the membership and active participation in the FIMS.