The aim of the Education Commission is:
- To provide educational opportunities that meet the needs of sports medicine physicians in both developing and developed countries with the goal of developing both leadership and mentorship.
- To provide advice and make recommendations to the Executive Committee on matters related to sports medicine education for medical and allied health professionals.
- To cooperate with the organizers of the FIMS World Congress of Sports Medicine as well as with the organizers of other international educational events sponsored by FIMS to ensure that FIMS educational goals are included in best educational formats.
- To assist the local organizers of FIMS Courses, such as the Team Physician Development Course, Team Physician Advanced Course, Sports Rehabilitation Course, and others, with the course organization, implementation, and evaluation/review process.
Chair of the Education Commission:
Prof Demitri Constantinou (RSA)
Office: Wits Education Campus, 27 St. Andrew's Road. Parktown. Johannesburg. South Africa
Tel: +27 (0)11 717 3372
Fax: +27 (0)11 7173379/+27 (0)86 6363 173
1. Prof. Raymond So (Hong Kong)
2. Prof. Pedro Manonelles (Spain)
3. Prof. Clea Papaellina (Cyprus)
4. Dr. Bulent Ulkar (Turkey)
5. Prof. Mark Hutchinson (USA)
6. Dr. Mauricio Serrato (Colombia)
• Dr. Upul Madahapola (Sri Lanka)
• Dr. Marcelo Bichels Leitão (Brazil)